What a great evening! Thanks to all the GPG members who joined us this past Wednesday, and a very special thanks to Maggie and Julian Sale for joining us! They have been kind enough to share some materials from their presentation which you can download below:Read more “Maggie and Julian Sale Presentation Materials”
Dear Guelph Photographers,
Following Kim’s wonderful presentation on “Phonography”, she has shared with us many of the resources and apps she uses for her images. Below you will find some resources to help you explore the exciting world of Phonography!
- Adobe Lightroom – iOS and Android
- Touch Retouch – iOS and Android
- Distressed FX – iOS
- Hipstamatic – iOS
- Hipstamatic TinType – iOS
- VSCO – iOS and Android
- Mextures – iOS
- Oilist – iOS
- Snapseed – iOS and Android
- Waterlogue – iOS
Accessories brought to presentation
- Joby GripTight Smartphone/Action Camera Flixible Tripod Stand Kit (Amazon)
- Mophie powerstation external battery
- olloclip Macro 7X + Macro 14X + Macro 21X Lenses for iPhone 8/7 and Plus 8/7 (Apple)
- DJI Osmo Mobile 3 SmartPhone Gimbal (Amazon)
eLearning / tutorials
- Lynda.com – https://www.lynda.com/portal/sip?org=guelphpl.ca
- iPhoneography Central
- iPhone Photography School
- App Whisperer
- Apps Uncomered on iPhoneography Central
- iPhone Phootography Awards 2018 winners’ gallery
- Mobile Photography Awards
- Digital photography review – phones
As you may be aware, we were forced to cancel our February 20 meeting due to the forecast of adverse weather. We have since been able to re-schedule this meeting for Monday March 4, 2019. The meeting will still be held at at Unfor Hall (our usual location), starting at 7pm.
We felt that it was important to re-schedule this meeting and give our members the opportunity to hear Wayne’s excellent presentation.
Our apologies for the inconvenience, but we do hope to see you there!
Hello Guild members!
Very nice to see so many of you at our meeting last night! As promised, please see below the details for our Guild outing this Saturday at Rockwood Conservation Area.
- Date: Saturday January 19, 2019
- Time: 2PM
- Location: Rockwood Conservation Area – the official address is 161 Fall St S, Guelph/Eramosa, ON N0B 2K0, but this link will direct you to the park entrance.
On December 12, 2018 our community once again came together to enjoy an evening food, laugher, and some friendly competition. We had a great night with over 35 members in attendance and over 150 photos submitted across 5 categories!
The Guelph Photographers Guild is pleased to host Rod Frketich, photo editor for the Waterloo Region Record, on Wednesday November 21, 2018! A little bit about our speaker and his presentation:
Presenter Rod Frketich photo editor of the Waterloo Region Record will talk about a ‘typical’ day for a newspaper photographer is like.
There really isn’t anything typical everyday—a newspaper photographer can expect anything from a hockey game, a business portrait to an accident, depending where the news takes them.
He will touch on assigning, shooting an assignment to editing.
Since graduating from the Loyalist college photojournalism program in 1991 Frketich has been a photographer at small weekly papers and dailies throughout Ontario. Later he switched to photo editing working at The Canadian Press, The Globe and Mail and The Record.
Come out and join us for this great talk on November 21!
First, congratulations to Stu McCannell on winning the April/May challenge with his great image “Yellow Speed Demon”.
See his winning image on the main page of our new website!