First, congratulations to Alan Pickersgill on winning the November to January challenge with his image “Icicles melt”. His winning image is on the main page of our website! Go to:
As the winner, Alan has chosen “February” as this month’s challenge. The particulars are below:
February. The shortest month, the coldest month. Frost bitten parts and valentine hearts. Snow bound faces and south bound places. We love it, we hate it, we endure it. Capture the essence of your February and share it in a photograph.
Please note that entries must to be shot between January 17th and February 19th, the day before our next monthly meeting. We will vote for the winning image during the February 20th monthly meeting.
Please post your entries to the February Challenge discussion thread on the GPG Flickr site.
Instruction for uploading your entry to the discussion thread:
– Go to your selected photo in your Photostream in your Flickr account
– Ensure its Privacy settings allow it to be reviewed by others before selecting it (Public)
– Click on the Share (curved arrow symbol) icon usually located around the bottom right corner
– On the new drop-down box, click EMBED
– On the next new drop-down box, select one of the Medium-sized
options before copying the HTML address
– Paste this HTML address into the Reply To This Topic box on this thread
– Before posting your reply, remember to type the next photo number in the Challenge Series plus the Title of your photo in the line above your HTML address
If you have any issues posting to the FlickR site, please send your image directly to our esteemed president, Stuart McCannell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the change from the usual email submission!
John and Dianne will be away for almost the entire month … Cuba (no internet or email) and California (late in the month) are far too inviting! Seems to fit in quite well with Alan’s description!! If you send to John, there is no guarantee that your entry will be posted.