Congratulations to Gord Carothers on winning the March challenge with his image “End of a Dream”. His winning image will be up on the main page of our website shortly.
Go to: guelphphotographersguild.com
As the winner, Gord’s choice for the April challenge is below.
“Flowing Water in the Great Outdoors.It is Spring and we live in the Niagara Escarpment region. Water from the Spring runoff is flowing in our local streams, rivers, cataracts and waterfalls. Whether you capture it as crisp water droplets or as a wispy veil, get out, explore and discover our region’s aquatic treasures. Remember to take care around breaking ice and adjacent wet and slippery areas.”
Please note that entries must to be shot between March 20th and April 16th, the day before our next monthly meeting. We will vote for the winning image during the April 17th monthly meeting. Post your image to the comments section, April Challenge, on the GPG Flickr site. The Flickr site will be updated shortly. Also please heed Gord’s warning about breaking ice and slippery areas!
If you have any issues posting to the FlickR site, please send your image directly to me by email. Good luck!
Instructions for uploading your entry to the April Challenge discussion thread:
– Go to your selected photo in your Photostream in your Flickr account
– Ensure its Privacy settings allow it to be reviewed by others before selecting it (Public)
– Click on the Share (curved arrow symbol) icon usually located around the bottom right corner
– On the new drop-down box, click EMBED
– On the next new drop-down box, select one of the Medium-sized options before copying the HTML address
– Paste the HTML address into the Reply To This Topic box on the April Challenge thread
– Before posting your reply, remember to type the next photo number in the Challenge Series plus the Title of your photo in the line above your HTML address
“Always put the important before the merely urgent!”
“Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints.”